- Today Lakewood consists of 26,000 housing units, most of them modest, single-family detached homes that were built from 1948 – 1952
- Houses range in size from approximately 600 sq. ft. to 5,500 sq. ft.
- Average Lot size 5250 sq. ft.
- There are currently 122 listings in Lakewood, ranging in price from $339,000 to $1,150,000
- Within a year’s time, 733 homes sold at prices ranging from $220,000 to $1,435,000
Students in Lakewood attend schools in 1 of 4 districts depending on residency within Lakewood. The districts are as follows:
ABC Unified School District
Bellflower Unified School District
Long Beach Unified School District
Paramount Unified School District
Lakewood is considered a pioneer in the realm of city services, as it was the first city in the nation to contract for all of its municipal services after incorporating in 1954. Most of these services are provided by Los Angeles County, with some furnished by other public agencies and the rest by private industry. Several other Los Angeles suburbs have since adopted this model. John Sanford Todd was best known for establishing the “Lakewood Plan” in 1954 as a model for local government in California.
Interested in purchasing or selling in Lakewood? Contact longtime resident and one of our Coldwell Banker Coastal Alliance Realtors, Lourdrie McNamee
Lourdrie “Lou” McNamee